How do I add items to the Gradebook Classic?
Instructors typically add items to Gradebook Classic manually for things such as:
- Posting grades for items completed outside of UVACollab
- Participation grades
Note - Grades for assignments and assessments can be sent directly to Gradebook Classic when adding an assignment in the Assignment tool or configuring an assessment in Tests & Quizzes. For more information on how to enable this feature in Assignments, see the Grading section in How do I add an assignment? and the Gradebook Options. section in What are the Grading and Feedback options for an assessment?
Go to Gradebook Classic.
Select the Gradebook Classic tool from the Tool Menu in your site.
Click the Add Gradebook Item(s) button.
Click the Add Gradebook Items(s) button to manually add items to Gradebook Classic.
Select Gradebook item settings.
- Give your item a Title in the text box provided. A Title is required.
- Enter the Gradebook Item Point Value for the item (also required).
- Optionally, if you would like this to be an extra credit item, you may select the check box for Extra Credit just below the point value. For more information on extra credit, see How does extra credit work?
- Manually enter a Due Date for the item or use the calendar icon to pull up the date-picker and select a due date from there. Due dates are optional.
- If categories have been added to your Gradebook, select the appropriate category for this item from the Category drop-down menu. Items not assigned to a category will not be included in the calculation of the final course grade.
- By default, the option to Release this item to Students is selected. Unselecting this option hides the item from students.
- The option to Include this item in course grade calculations is not selected by default. If you would like the item to be included in the course grade calculation, select the checkbox to the left of this option. Leaving the checkbox unselected omits the item from the course grade calculation.
- Once you have entered all of the information for this item, click the Add Item(s) button to save your changes.
If you would like to add more than one item at a time, click on the Add Another Gradebook Item link to add multiple items.
View Gradebook items.
After you have added items to Gradebook Classic, you will be able to view a list of all gradebook items on the Gradebook Items page.
- Any items not released to students will appear in grey text in on the Gradebook Items Summary page.
- Items coming from another tool, such as Assignments or Tests & Quizzes, will note the origin in the Grade Editor column on the far right (e.g., an item in Tests & Quizzes will be listed with the text "from Tests & Quizzes"). To grade an item that is being sent to Gradebook Classic from Assignments, please see How do I grade an assignment? To grade an item from Tests & Quizzes, please see How do I grade Tests & Quizzes?