How do I export a spreadsheet with assessment scores and student responses?
You can export an Excel spreadsheet that contains all the students' responses and scores for an assessment, as well as any comments you entered for students on the Total Scores screen.
For information on entering assessment grades and comments, see How do I grade Tests & Quizzes?
Go to Tests & Quizzes.
Select the Tests & Quizzes tool from the Tool Menu of your site.
Select the Published Copies tab.
Select the Published Copies tab to view the assessments that have been released to students in your site.
Go to the assessment submissions.
Select Scores from the Action drop-down menu for the assessment.
Alternatively, you may select the number of student submissions in the Submitted column to view the submissions.
Select the Export tab.
On the following screen, select Export.
Select the Export button.
Depending on your browser settings, you may be asked to save or open the file. Once downloaded, you can open the file in a spreadsheet program, such as Excel.
The resulting spreadsheet includes:
- The students' names,
- The students' user names (the student's UVA computing ID, or their email address if they are a non-UVA guest participant),
- The number of the assessment submission (if multiple submissions were allowed),
- The students' final scores for the test,
- Any Grader's comments you entered for students in the Total Scores screen,
- The students' responses to each question.
Note: Certain question types, such as file upload questions and student audio response questions, will not be able to display answers in the spreadsheet.