How do I add an announcement?
Go to the Announcements tool.
Select the Announcements tool from the Tool Menu of your site.
Title your announcement and add content.
- Give your announcement a title.
- Enter the content of your announcement into the announcement Body using the Rich-Text Editor. You may use the formatting options in the editor to modify the font size or color, add images or links, or embed other content.
Under Access, select who can view the announcement.
By default, all members of the site see the announcement.
Making the announcement publicly viewable means that you can send a link to the announcement to people who are not members of the site, including those who do not have accounts on UVACollab, and the announcement will be viewable by them.
You can also limit the announcement to specific group(s) or roster(s) in the site.
Display an announcement to group(s). (Optional)
- If you have created groups in your site, the option to Display this announcement to selected groups only is shown.
- Check the boxes next to the group(s) to whom you want to give the announcement.
Note: Only people in the selected groups and site owners/administrators will see this announcement. If you send email notification for the announcement, students (in a course site) or members (in a collaboration site) who are not in those groups will not receive the email notification.
Select when the announcement will be displayed.
By default, the announcement is displayed immediately upon posting. You can also choose to hide it (saving as a draft until you are ready to post it), or you may specify dates when the announcement will be available.
Select availability dates. (Optional)
If you want the announcement to display during a specific time frame:
- Choose Specify Dates.
- Check the box beside Beginning and/or Ending,
- Enter the date(s) into the field(s) provided. You may type a correctly-formatted date and time into the appropriate field or use the date-picker (calendar window) to select a date and time. If you enter a date manually, it will need to be in the following format: month/day/year hours:minutes am or pm. For example, to make an announcement visible on May 7, 2018 at 5:00 PM, you would enter 05/07/2018 05:00 pm into the Beginning Date field. Alternatively, follow the steps below to use the calendar to insert the date and time.
Use the calendar to insert the date and time.
- You can choose a date by clicking on it in the calendar.
- Select a time using the Hour and Minute sliders.
- Alternatively, you can choose the current date and time by clicking Now.
- When your date is selected, click Done.
Add attachments. (Optional)
Click the Add Attachments button to browse for and select file(s) to attach.
Select the file.
- If the file is not already in the Resources tool in the site, click Browse to locate the file on your computer.
- Or, if the file is in your site's Resources, click Attach a copy to the right of the file.
- Click Continue to attach the file.
Notify participants of announcement by email. (Optional)
By default, no email notification is sent. You may also select:
- High - All participants to send an email to everyone in the site.
- Low - Not received by those who have opted out to send to everyone except people who have intentionally changed their settings so that they don't receive low priority messages.
Note: If you have elected to have the announcement available to certain groups, only the members of the groups and site owners/administrators will receive the email notification. Students (in a course site) or members (in a collaboration site) who are not in those groups will not receive the email notification.
Select Post Announcement.
At the bottom of the page, select Post Announcement.