How do I make a link to a Resources folder appear in the tool menu?
Site participants with appropriate permissions can create a link to a Resources folder and have that link appear as a button in the tool menu.
For example, an instructor might create a link to a Resources folder where students are allowed to upload PowerPoint presentations so other students can easily access this folder from the tool menu to download their classmates' presentation files.
Go to Resources.
Select Resources from the tool menu in your site.
Select Actions, then Add Link to Tool Menu.
- To the right of the Resources folder, select the Actions menu.
- Select Add Link to Tool Menu.
Note: On mobile devices or small screens, the Actions menu displays as a down arrow icon.
Enter a Title, select Add.
On the Add Link to Tool Menu screen:
- Enter the Title that you would like to appear in the site's tool menu.
- Select Add.
View folder link in tool menu.
The link to the Resources folder will appear in the tool menu. Selecting this link will display the folder's contents.
View folder contents.
Links to files and folders within the folder will be displayed. Additionally:
- An Up one level link will be available for site participants to navigate to a higher-level folder (e.g., the main Resources folder). If the Resources tool is hidden in the site, students attempting to navigate Up one level to the main Resources folder will see a permission error indicating that they cannot view this folder.
- If any Descriptions have been added to the folder or to subfolders or files, each description will display by default underneath its corresponding folder or file.
- If any Descriptions have been added to folders or files, a Show/hide descriptions link will be available to hide the descriptions, if they are displayed, or show them if they are hidden from view.
Tip: For steps to add a file or folder Description, see How do I add and display more information about a file or folder in Resources or File Drop?