How do I create a plain text document in Resources or File Drop?
You can create a plain text document in Resources or File Drop. These documents could be used to store notes for a group or provide instructions to students or members.
Go to Resources or File Drop.
Select Resources or File Drop from the tool menu in your site.
Select Actions, then Create Text Document.
- To the right of the folder where you would like to place the text document, select the Actions menu.
- Select Create Text Document.
Note: On mobile devices or small screens, the Actions menu displays as a down arrow icon.
Enter text, then select Continue.
- On the Create Text Document page, enter (or paste) text into the text box.
- Select Continue.
Enter document information.
- Enter a File Name for the document in the box provided.
- If desired, add other details (e.g., a Description, Copyright Status, Availability and Access information). For more information about optional file details, see:
Note: The File Name box will be pre-filled with new_document.txt. You should enter a meaningful name to make the document accessible.
Notify site participants of the new text file. (Optional)
You can choose to send an automatic email notification to site participants with a link to the file you have created.
By default, No notification is sent. Select High - All participants to send an email to everyone in your UVACollab site who can access the file. Select Low - Not received by those who have opted out to send an email only to those who have chosen to receive Resources notifications in their preferences.
Note: If the file is created in a folder that is only available to a specific group, only members of that group will receive the email notification.
View the text document.
The text document is placed in the selected folder.
Open the text document.
If you select the name of the text document, it will open in a new tab or window, or begin to download, depending on your internet browser preferences.