What is the Chat tool?
Chat allows you to easily engage in real-time, text-based discussions. Create multiple chat rooms to organize conversations by topic or date. Anyone in the site can refer to saved messages to join or continue the conversation later, or to review previous exchanges.
Note: For instructions to add this or any other tool to your site, see How do I add a tool to my site?
- List site participants present in the room.
- Allow all site participants to access messages.
- Allow site participants to set their own display preferences (e.g., date and time of message posting, number of archived messages to display).
Site administrators can:
- Create multiple chat rooms and set the default room.
- Specify how many messages are archived and for how long.
- Set date restrictions for posting in a chat room.