How do I rearrange or rename the items in the Tool Menu?
The Tool Menu can be customized by instructors or site administrators to modify the appearance of menu items in the site, including reordering or renaming tools.
For more options to edit the tools in your site, see:
- How do I hide or show items in the Tool Menu?
- How do I add a tool to my site?
- How do I remove a tool from my site?
Note: In course site templates, some tools are hidden by default so instructors can reveal content to students as the semester progresses. For more information, see:
Go to Site Info.
Select the Site Info tool from the Tool Menu of your site.
Click Tool Order.
Drag and Drop items to rearrange the tools.
Click on a tool to move and drag it into a new position in the list.
Rename a tool.
- Click the cog icon to the right of a visible tool.
- Select Edit Tool Title.
Edit the Title, click the green check mark icon.
- Enter a new name for the tool in the Title field. In the example pictured above, the Blackboard Collaborate tool was renamed as Online Office Hours.
- Click the green check mark icon (Save changes made to tool) to confirm the change.
Sort tools alphabetically.
To automatically sort tools alphabetically in the Tool Menu, click the Sort Alphabetically button at the bottom of the Page Order screen.
Note: If it is sorted below any other tool(s), you may want to move the Overview page back to the top of the list after sorting tools alphabetically.