How do I upload graded assignment submissions and feedback?
After downloading and reviewing student submissions using Download All, grading information (grades and/or feedback) can be uploaded in Assignments using the Upload All option. The first step in the process is to create a compressed (zipped) archive file, in the proper format. Once the file has been created, it can then be used for upload.
Create a compressed (zipped) archive file on your computer.
If you have previously extracted the assignment's zipped file on your computer (See How do I download assignments for grading offline?), and then edited/added assignment grades or feedback, you will need to create a new archive or zip file for upload which includes your changes.
You can create a zip file from a folder in Windows by right-clicking on the folder, and then selecting Send to and Compressed (zipped) folder. On a Mac, right click the folder and select Compress "foldername". The zip file will have the same name as the folder you selected.
Go to Assignments.
Once the archive file has been created, go to the Assignments tool in your site.
Select the Grade link.
Select Upload All.
Select the archive file containing grades and feedback.
Select the Choose File button to browse for and select the archive file on your local computer.
The archive file needs to be in a specific format. It should contain a folder for the assignment and sub-folders for each of the individual students. The easiest way to ensure that your file is in the correct format is to download the assignment submissions (or the template provided) directly from the Assignments tool in your site.
Select the desired upload and release options.
1. You may choose All to select all of the upload options, or select only some of them by placing a check mark next to an individual item or items. The options available for upload are:
- Student submission text (original student submitted text, possibly containing instructor added comments)
- Student submission attachment(s)
- Grade file (grades.csv or grades.xls file) The file type needs to be the same as what is available in zip file.
- Feedback text (the inline comments with student submission)
- Feedback comments (comments.txt file if available in student's folder. Comments are put into the Instructor Comments field for each student's submission)
- Feedback Attachment(s)
2. Select the radio button to Release uploaded information to students if you want them to be able to see their grades and feedback right away. (If you would rather wait to release at a later date, select Do not release uploaded information - I'll release it later instead.)
3. Select Upload to upload the file.