How do I modify preferences in the Statistics tool?
In the Statistics Preferences, you can specify which events are included as activities in the reports. By default, events are recorded from Resources and Site Info.
Note: Only events that occur in a tool after it has been selected in the Preferences will be included in the reports. For example, if you select Tests & Quizzes in the Preferences, only submissions made after the tool was selected will count in the quiz submission statistics.
Go to Statistics.
Select the Statistics tool from the Tool Menu of your site.
Select the Preferences tab.
Select the desired options.
- The General option Only list tools available in this site is selected by default. Deselect it to show all UVACollab tools that can generate events in the Activity Definition list the next time you visit the Preferences page.
- By default, the Statistics bar graphs are labeled with a number at the top of each bar. Deselect Display item labels on bar charts to hide these numbers.
- By default, bar graphs and pie charts are shown at 100% opacity. To make the charts lighter in color, select a value between 10% and 90% from the Chart alpha-transparency drop-down menu.
- Under Activity definition, tools that can generate events are available to select. Select All Tools to include events from all the site's tools as activities in the Statistics reports.
- If you are using a mouse, you can click the plus sign (+) icon to expand the list of the events that are generated for a selected tool, and filter these events. For example, if the Resources options are expanded, unchecking the box for the Content delete events (i.e., events generated by deleting files or moving files from one folder to another) will exclude these from the results.
Save your changes.
Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select Update to save your changes.