How do I create a site copied from a previous site?
Site Builder allows you to create a new site by copying a previous one, incorporating the same tools and content. This option is particularly useful when teaching a course you have previously taught.
Tip: Site Builder also includes other options for creating a site:
- Quick Guide (available for course sites only) - Answer questions about your course design, materials, and requirements and receive customized tool recommendations based on your responses.
- From Scratch - Review the available tools and select the choices best suited for your needs to create a fully customized site.
- From Template - Create a site based on a template—a suite of tools and content assembled to work together to enhance collaboration, teaching, and learning.
Go to Home.
When you first log into UVACollab, you are placed in your Home site. If you are viewing another UVACollab site, select the Home tab in the favorites bar at the top of the screen, or in your My Sites list, to access it.
Select Site Builder.
Select Site Builder from the Tool Menu in your Home site.
Select the site type.
Select the Get Started button for the type of site you are creating:
- Collaboration: A collaboration site is used to support project teams, research groups, and other collaborative work.
- Course: A course site is an online space for a course. Each course site is associated with an academic term, and instructors who are assigned to rosters in the Student Information System (SIS) may add the rosters to their sites.
Enter basic information.
When you create a course site, select an academic term and roster(s). If you are creating a collaboration site, skip to the step about entering the title.
For a course site, select an academic term and roster(s).
If you are creating a course site:
- Select the academic term, e.g., 2019 Fall. If you are listed as an instructor or teaching assistant in the Student Information System (SIS), any rosters that are assigned to you for the selected term will be displayed.
- To add multiple sections of a course to a single site, select the Add all sections toggle.
- To add individual rosters to the site, select the Add roster toggle for each roster.
- To remove a group of selected sections, select the Added all toggle.
- To remove a selected roster, select the Added toggle.
Enter or review the name of the site, then continue.
- Whether you will need to enter a site title depends on the type of site you are creating:
- If you selected a single course roster, or several sections of the same course, the name of your course will be automatically filled with the name of the course in SIS. You may edit this title if desired.
- If you did not select a roster to add to the site, or if you selected several rosters with different course names in SIS, enter a meaningful name for your course in the box provided.
- Collaboration site: Enter the name of the collaboration site.
- Course site:
- Select Continue.
Select the From Previous Site option.
Use the Select Site to Copy button to access a menu listing your sites.
Select the site to copy.
- From the Select site menu, select the site from which to copy tools and content.
- Select Continue.
Review the tools included in the selected site.
Site Builder will display the tools that were included in the site you are copying.
- If you do not want to include one of these tools in your new site, select the Remove this tool (X) button.
- Select More Info to view a description of the tool.
Confirm the selected tools and create the site.
- Select Save Draft to create your site as an unpublished site.
- Select Publish Site to give your participants access as soon as the site has been created.
You will be placed in your new site.
After the site creation process is complete, you will be placed in your newly created site.
Note: If you saved your site as a draft, an Unpublished Site banner will appear at the top of each page in your site.