How do I reply to a forum post (in a conversation)?
Forums are organizational units that group topics within the site. Reply to a forum post to engage site participants in a conversation and share feedback on a site participant's work. You can reply to a post within a forum by opening a topic, selecting a conversation, and choosing the Reply button on a message.
Go to Discussions.
Select Discussions from the tool menu in your site.
Choose a topic.
Select the title of a topic to access the topic.
- Topics are indented underneath the forum where they are located.
- The message indicator text next to the topic title will tell you how many messages have been posted within that topic, and how many of them are marked as unread.
Select the title of an existing post to view the conversation.
You have two different options for replying to a post within the Discussions tool:
- Select Reply to Initial Message at the top of the conversation to reply to the first message in the conversation or thread.
- Select the Reply button for a specific message to reply to that message. Use this option to reply to another person's response.
Compose your message.
- You can see the message you are replying to by selecting the View message you are replying to link.
- The Reply Title will be taken from the initial message and prefilled for you. You may modify it, if you wish.
- Enter your message in the field provided using the Rich-Text Editor.
Tip: You may optionally select the Insert original text link above the editor area to quote the original message in your reply.
Add attachment(s). (Optional)
If desired, there is an option to attach files to the message. Select Add attachments to browse for and select your file.
After you have finished your reply, select Post to add your message to the conversation.