How do I record audio in the Rich-Text Editor, using the Record Audio Clip option?
You can record audio using the Rich-Text Editor.
For information on making audio files accessible, see How can I make videos and audio files more accessible?
Position the cursor in the editor.
Position your cursor in the editor at the location where you want to embed the recorded audio.
Select the Record Audio Clip icon.
The Record Audio Clip icon looks like a microphone.
Record audio using the buttons in the Audio recorder.
The Audio recorder window pops up.
- Based on your computer and browser settings, you may be asked to share your microphone. If so, select a microphone to record and share it.
- To start the recording, click Start recording.
- When you are done recording, click Stop recording.
- If you'd like to play back (preview) your recording before posting it, click Preview recording.
- When you're ready to add your recording to the text box, click Post recording.
View audio placeholders.
In the editor, the audio player will display as boxes marked Player 1 of 2 and Player 2 of 2.
Play audio in posted item.
After you Save or Post the item you were creating in the editor, the published item displays the audio player in place of the Player boxes.