How do I embed a video or audio file from Resources in the Rich-Text Editor?
You can embed a video file in a text box using the Rich-Text Editor. Video and audio file types that can be embedded in the editor are .MP3, .FLV, .F4V, .MP4, .3GPP, .M4V or .MOV files.
For information on making video and audio files accessible, see How can I make videos and audio files more accessible?
Tip: If you are adding content in the Lessons tool, you may also insert videos directly as individual items on the page, rather than within the Rich-Text Editor. See the articles on adding content in Lessons for more information on embedding and linking items on a lesson page.
Upload your video or audio file to a folder in Resources.
See How do I upload files to Resources or File Drop? for more information on uploading.
Position the cursor in the editor.
Position your cursor in the editor at the location where you want to embed the video or audio.
Select the Insert/Edit Movie icon.
The Insert/Edit Movie icon looks like a movie clapperboard.
Select Browse Server.
The Movie Properties window pops up. Select Browse Server in the Movie Properties window.
Select the file to embed.
The Server Browser window will pop up, displaying content in the current site's Resources tool.
- Select the name of the folder that contains the video or audio file. This will expand the folder contents.
- Select the name of the video or audio file you want to embed.
- Click the OK button in the bottom right-hand corner of the page.
Adjust player size. (Recommended for audio files)
- The Movie Properties dialog box will display the link to the video or audio file in the URL box
- By default, the embedded media player will have a Width of 320 pixels and a Height of 240 pixels. You can enter new values to adjust the size of the player as needed. For audio files, it is recommended to set the Height to 35 so the audio player does not display a large, black box above the play button, pause button and other controls.
Select OK to confirm the addition of the video or audio file to the editor.
View MOVIE placeholder.
In the editor, the embedded video or audio file will display as a box marked MOVIE.
Play video or audio in posted item.
After you Save or Post the item you were creating in the editor, the published item displays the embedded video or audio player in place of the MOVIE box.