How do I set my preferences?
In Preferences, you may set global preferences for:
- Viewing (active) or hiding (inactive) sites in My Sites,
- Choose how often, or even whether, you want to receive email notifications of certain site activities,
- Set your time zone, and
- Select your language.
Choose how to view the steps.
- Watch a video
- Follow the step-by-step instructions
Go to Preferences.
Select the Preferences tool from the Tool Menu in Home.
Set Site Preferences.
- In Preferences, select the Sites tab.
- Site Title is the default Site Tab Display Format. Note: Most sites do not have a short description, so we recommend NOT selecting this option.
- Below the Hide From Site Drawer heading is a complete list of all of your sites. Select sites that you no longer wish to view and access within My Sites.
Note: Hidden (archived) sites are still active in the system and are still visible and available to other site participants regardless of individual site display preferences.
- Hidden sites appear with a grey background and a selected checkbox.
- For course sites, you may select the checkbox next to a semester to hide all of the sites for that term.
- Active (unhidden) sites appear with black text on a white background and no check in a corresponding checkbox.
Click Update Preferences.
To save your changes, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Update Preferences.
To customize your notification settings, click the Notifications button.
Select notification preferences.
You may choose from the following three options for low priority email notifications in the Announcements, Resources and File Drop, Site Email (Email Archive), Syllabus, and Tests & Quizzes tools.
- Send me each notification separately. (Default setting)
- Send me one email per day summarizing all notifications.
- Do not send me notifications from this tool.
- These settings only apply to low priority items. High priority items will still be sent via email regardless of your settings here.
- These settings apply to *all* UVACollab sites of which you are a member.
- Your Preferences setting for Tests & Quizzes applies to assessments *you* submit. If you are an instructor, and would like to receive email notifications when your students submit a specific assessment, you'll need to select that option in the assessment settings.
Click Update Preferences.
If you change any of the Notification settings, click Update Preferences to save your changes.
To set your local time zone, click the Time Zone button.
Choose your time zone.
Select your local time zone from the list, and then click Update Preferences.
To set your preferred language, click the Language button.
Choose your language.
Select your preferred language from the list, and then click Update Preferences.