How do I reorder files or folders within Resources?
By default, files and folders in Resources are ordered alphabetically by Title, in ascending order (letters A-Z and numbers 1-9). Site administrators may use the Reorder option to customize the default order of files and folders displayed to everyone in their site.
If you just want to change your own view of files and folders, you may select column headings in the Resources table to automatically sort items alphabetically by title, date modified, or size. When automatically sorting files and folders using the table headings, the changes are temporary and do not apply for anyone else in the site. Skip to the section on automatically sorting files and folders.
Go to Resources.
Select the Resources tool from the tool menu of your site.
Customize the order of files and folders.
Select Actions, then Reorder.
- To the right of the Resources file or folder that contains the items to reorder, select the Actions menu. In many cases, the folder where you will want to reorder items is the main Resources folder. This folder is identified by your site title and the word Resources. For example, to reorder items in a site titled 20Su Family in OF Saints Lives, you would select the Actions menu to the right of the folder named 20Su Family in OF Saints Lives Resources.
- Select Reorder.
Note: On mobile devices or small screens, the Actions menu displays as a down arrow icon.
Drag and drop items to reorder, then Save.
- On the Reordering page, select a file or folder to move and drag it to a new position in the list.
- At the bottom of the page, select Save.
Refresh the Resources tool.
Select the Resources link near the top left of the Resources page to refresh the tool so your changes will display.
View reordered items.
Within the folder where you selected to reorder items, files and folders will be displayed in the new order.
Automatically sort files and folders.
Anyone may temporarily change their own display of files and folders using the column headings in the Resources table.
Select a column heading.
Select one of the following column headings to sort files and folders:
- Title: Sort items alphabetically by title.
- Created By: Sort items by the name of the person who created them.
- Modified: Sort items by the date they were last modified.
- Size: Sort files by file size, folders by the number of items each folder contains.
Select the same heading again to reverse the sort order. For example, if items are sorted by title alphabetically in ascending order (letters A-Z and numbers 1-9), select Title to sort them in descending order (letters Z-A and numbers 9-1).