How do I move a file or folder within Resources in the same site?
You can move files or folders in a single site's Resources in either of the following ways:
- Select folders and/or files with check boxes, then scroll back to the top of the Resources list and select Move.
- Use the Actions drop-down menu to move a single file or folder. If you have a lot of content in Resources, this option makes it easier to move an item near the bottom of the Resources list into a folder near the top of the list.
Go to Resources.
Select the Resources tool from the Tool Menu of your site.
Selectively move multiple files or folders.
Select item(s) to move.
- Check the box(es) next to the item(s) you would like to move.
- Click the Move button at the top of the Resources list.
To the right of each folder in the site, you will find a Paste icon (Paste moved items here). Click the Paste icon to the right of the folder in which to place the moved items.
View moved item(s).
You can access the moved file(s) or folder(s) in the destination folder.
Move a single file or folder using the Actions menu.
Select Actions, then Move.
- To the right of the Resources file or folder you would like to move, select the Actions menu.
- Select Move.
Note: On mobile devices or small screens, the Actions menu displays as a down arrow icon.
To the right of each folder in the site, you will find a Paste icon (Paste moved items here). Click the Paste icon to the right of the folder in which to place the moved item.
View moved item.
You can access the moved file or folder in the destination folder.