How do I create a plain text document in Resources or File Drop?
You can create a plain text document in Resources.
Go to Resources.
Select the Resources tool from the Tool Menu of your site.
Select Actions, then Create Text Document.
- To the right of the Resources folder where you would like to place the text document, select the Actions menu.
- Select Create Text Document.
Note: On mobile devices or small screens, the Actions menu displays as a down arrow icon.
Enter text, then select Continue.
- On the Create Text Document page, enter (or paste) text into the text box.
- Select Continue.
Enter document information.
- Enter a File Name for the document in the box provided.
- If desired, add other details (e.g., a Description, Copyright Status, Availability and Access information). For more information about optional file details, see:
Note: The File Name box will be prefilled with new_document.txt. You should enter a meaningful name to make the document accessible.
Notify site participants of the new text file. (Optional)
You can choose to send an automatic email notification to site participants with a link to the file you have created.
By default, No notification is sent. Select High - All participants to send an email to everyone in your UVACollab site who can access the file. Select Low - Not received by those who have opted out to send an email only to those who have chosen to receive Resources notifications in their preferences.
Note: If the file is created in a folder that is only available to a specific group, only members of that group will receive the email notification.
View text document in Resources.
The text document is placed in the selected folder.
Open text document.
If you click on the name of the text document, it will open in a new tab or window, or begin to download, depending on your internet browser preferences.