How do I import content into Lessons?
The Lessons tool allows instructors to import course content saved in the IMS Common Cartridge format (.imscc) into course sites. Using this capability, instructors may import content from other UVaCollab sites, or other learning management systems such as Moodle and Blackboard.
Verifying the necessary tools in the destination site
Before importing course content, verify that the destination site contains the Lessons tool and any tools used by the content (e.g., Assignments; Tests & Quizzes; Forums).
Accessing the Lessons tool
To access a lesson page to begin the import process, click on any of the page titles in the tool menu.
Note that you cannot import course content from a subpage.
Importing the course content
To import the course content, select More Tools, then select Import CC.
Select the file for import
To select the file for import:
- Select the Choose File button to locate and select the file;
- Once the file has been selected, select Save.
Viewing the imported course content
Following the completion of the import process, the course content is available in the Lessons tool of the site. Some of the properties of the imported content may have been changed by the import process:
- Properties requiring items to be completed, or preventing their release until all prerequisites have been completed, are removed. To restore these properties, instructors can edit these items.
- Inline questions are not included in the imported content.
- Student comments and student pages are not included in the imported content.