How do I allow students to add content to lessons?
Accessing the Lessons tool
To access the Lessons tool, select the Lessons link in the tools menu.
Instructors using multiple instances of the tool in a single course site may wish to rename the instances to avoid confusion. Also, the tool may appear with another name if site templates are used to create course sites. In the Activities Grid template, the tool is named the Activities tool; in the SCPS template, the tool is named the Class Activities tool; and in the Activities Menu template, multiple instances of the tool are automatically added, each named for a week in the course. All of these names may be changed according to instructor preferences.
The default page of each instance of the tool contains text that provides more information on the tool and its use.
Adding the student content option
To add the option for students to add content to a lesson page, select Add Content, then select Add Student Content.
Editing the option settings
To edit the settings for student content, select the Edit icon to the right of the Student Pages section.
Edit and save changes
The system will display a list of settings. Select or change settings, if desired:
- Select Make these student pages anonymous to list the pages anonymously, rather than by student names.
- Select Create gradebook entries for these to create gradebook items for each page, and enter a maximum point value.
- Select Add a comments section to each page to add a section for comments, then select additional settings to make comments anonymous, add comments to the gradebook, or enter maximum point values.
- Select Add a peer review rubric to each page to add a rubric to each student page, then select additional settings to add or create a rubric, or associate pages with groups rather than individuals.
- Select Don't Release Item Until All Prerequisites are Completed to require students to complete previous required items before viewing this item, and select Require This Item to require the item.
- Select groups to which the item should be displayed (if no groups are selected, the item will be shown to all site participants).
Select Update Item to save the changes.
Viewing student pages
To view a student page, select a link to the page. By default, the names of student pages are the names of their creators.