How do I allow someone to publish or edit one of my Media Gallery files?
By default, only the owner of a file in Media Gallery may publish the file in their UVACollab sites, edit it, and access video analytics such as viewing statistics and submissions to video quizzes.
To give someone else permission to publish and/or edit your video, audio, or image file, and view video analytics, you may add them as a collaborator on the file.
Go to Home.
When you first log into UVACollab, you are placed in your Home site. If you are viewing another UVACollab site, select the Home tab in the favorites bar at the top of the screen, or in your My Sites list, to access it.
Select My Media.
Select My Media from the Tool Menu in your Home site.
Select the item to edit.
Select the title of the video, audio, or image file to edit.
Select Actions, then Edit.
- Scroll down on the page under the media player.
- Select the Actions menu.
- Select Edit.
Select the Collaboration tab.
Under the media player, select the Collaboration tab.
Add a collaborator.
In the Media Collaborators section of the page, select + Add Collaborator.
Select the collaborator.
- In the Add a Collaborator window that pops up, type in the Name or User ID (UVA computing ID or non-UVA email address) for the person to add as a collaborator.
- From the list of people whose names appear, select the desired collaborator.
Tip: You may add more than one collaborator at once with the same permissions. After selecting the first collaborator, start typing in the box to the right of their name to find and select another person.
Select permissions, then Add.
- Under Select permissions, choose the desired permission(s). Options include:
- Co-Editor: The collaborator(s) may edit the media file and create copies of it. For videos, co-editors may also view video analytics, including student submissions to a video quiz.
- Co-Publisher: The collaborator(s) may publish the media file in Media Gallery in any of their UVACollab sites and embed the file in the Rich-Text Editor.
- Co-Viewer: If this is the only permission granted, the collaborator(s) may view the media file within My Media in their Home site, but may not edit or publish it elsewhere.
- Select Add.
Note: If you cannot find the Add button in the Add a Collaborator window, you may need to zoom out on text in your internet browser by typing Ctrl + - (in Windows) or Command + - (on a Mac).
View new collaborator(s).
When the Add a Collaborator window closes, you will be able to find the new collaborator listed in a table under the Media Collaborators section of the page.