What is the Poll Everywhere tool?
Poll Everywhere allows you to create polls or activities that encourage audience participation, whether that be in an online class or departmental meeting. A Poll Everywhere activity is a single question or prompt. Activities include:
- Multiple-choice - where the selection options are provided.
- Open-ended - allows participants to respond to a question with a written answer.
- Clickable Image - defined regions in the image are marked as correct.
- Ranking - allows participants to move options into a desired order, and submit the reordered list as one response.
- Q&A - participants can submit open-ended responses (questions or ideas), then up-vote or down-vote other submissions.
- Surveys - ask participants multiple questions at the same time.
Audience members respond using specific instructions that are displayed live. Instructions can include going to a Poll Everywhere presenter web page or sending a text to one of the provided numbers.
Note: For instructions to add this or any other tool to your site, see How do I add a tool to my site?
Poll Everywhere Features
Site administrators can:
- Create different polling activities such as multiple-choice, open-ended questions, surveys, and more!
- Customize how the audience responds.
- Test the poll before activation.
- Display a poll directly from a PowerPoint slide.
- Share poll results live via a URL or download a spreadsheet to share at a later time.
- Visit the Presenter Guide (opens new window)
Instructors can also:
- Import class roster.
- Grade multiple choice or clickable image polls.
- Visit the Instructor Guide (opens new window)
- Respond via the web, mobile app, or texting.
- View full history of the polls you have responded to.
- Visit the Student Guide (opens new window)