How do I upload and submit a video or audio file to an assignment or assessment?
Instructors can create assignments or assessments where you upload a video or audio file as a response using the Rich-Text Editor.
This article will demonstrate how to upload and submit a video to an assignment. The same steps work for an assessment question in Tests & Quizzes.
Navigate to the site where you will be submitting the assignment.
To go to the site with the assignment you need to submit, select the site's title in the favorites bar at the top of the screen, or under My Sites.
Go to the tool where the assignment is located.
Select the tool where you will submit your recording, for example, Assignments, from the Tool Menu in the site.
Access the assignment where you will submit the recording.
Select the title of the assignment where you will submit the recording.
Review the assignment instructions.
Review the requirements provided by your instructor for what to record.
Enter some text in the Rich-Text Editor.
Type some text in the editor, then hit Enter or Return on your keyboard to make a space under the text for your video.
Select the Kaltura icon in the Rich-Text Editor.
The Kaltura icon looks like a sun or star burst.
Select Add New, then Media Upload.
The Kaltura window will pop up where you can select a media file to add.
- Select the + Add New button.
- Select Media Upload.
Drag and drop or browse for the file to upload.
- Drag and drop a file from your computer into the Drag & Drop a file here box,
- Or select + Choose a file to upload and select the file from your computer.
Wait for the upload.
- Depending on the size of your file, the upload may take some time to complete. During this time, the upload progress will display on the screen.
- When the file is successfully uploaded, an Upload Completed! message will replace the progress bar.
Enter a name and optional details.
- By default, the Name will be the image's or video's original file name. It is recommended that you edit the Name to make your file easy to find.
- You can add an optional Description or Tags for searching.
- Select Save to save the name and details.
Select </> Save and Embed.
Near the top of the Kaltura window, select the </> Save and Embed button to save your video and insert it into the editor.
- A fuzzy thumbnail image will display in the editor at the location of the embedded media item.
- Select the Preview button in the Rich-Text Editor to preview your video in another internet browser tab or window. The Preview button looks like a paper with a magnifying glass.
Save or submit the assignment.
Do not forget to Submit your assignment, or select Save Draft to continue working on it later!