Where is my site?
There are several reasons why you may not be able to locate a site, including any of the following (more details in the steps below):
- A site has not yet been created for a course.
- You've just enrolled in a course. If you enrolled in a course today in SIS, it will take an overnight update before that change will be available in UVaCollab.
- If you have access to many sites, you may need to find your site in My Sites, or access it via Home > Worksite Setup.
- If you have hidden a site, you may access it via Home > Worksite Setup.
- You were removed from a course roster in SIS.
- A course roster was removed from a site.
- A site owner or administrator has removed access to the site.
How do I access sites?
You may find sites in the following UVACollab locations:
- Your Favorite sites navigation bar displays up to 15 favorited sites
- My Courses in your Home site provides access to available course sites organized by term
- My Sites provides searchable access to active course and collaboration sites
- Worksite Setup in your Home site provides searchable access to all sites, including inactive (a.k.a., hidden) sites
I used to have access to a site, but now I don't. Why not?
Changes in SIS data may have removed you from a course roster.
If your course site no longer appears in UVaCollab, it may be because your data in SIS has changed in some way, e.g., you dropped a course or there is block on your SIS registration status.
If a SIS issue has resulted in your removal from a course roster, contact the University Registrar's Office to correct the problem.
A course roster may have been removed from a site.
If you were added to a site via an official course roster, and the roster was removed from the site, you will no longer have access to the site.
A site owner or administrator may have removed your access to the site.
Instructors, site owners and administrators control who has access to their sites. They can remove access in one of the following ways:
- Remove a course roster from a site.
- Remove a manually added site participant OR change a participant's status to Inactive.
- Unpublish a site.
- Delete a site.
If you need access to a site, contact the instructor, site owner or administrator to request access.