What is the iRubric tool?
Rubrics allow instructors to scaffold learning goals and assess the quality of students' learning. iRubric is a 3rd-party integration that allows instructors to build and/or select from existing rubrics to facilitate assessment of and provide feedback on students' work.
The iRubric tool can be added to sites for use in conjunction with Assignments and the new Gradebook. It can then be used to inform students of assignment criteria and provide feedback.
Related Help Articles:
Access iRubric tool.
Select the iRubric tool from the Tool Menu of your site.
iRubric tool main page (Instructor View)
The Grades tab of the tool is displayed by default. Any items added to the Gradebook tool will appear under the Gradebook Items section of the page.
Other tabs include:
- My Rubrics: Direct access to the My Rubrics page which contains any rubrics you have created.
- iRubric Gallery: Direct access to UVA's iRubric Gallery.
- Build an iRubric: Direct access to build your own rubric in iRubric.
- Collaborative Assessments: A link to the iRubric Survey Tool. Assessments created on this page will not link directly to Gradebook.
- iRubric Reports: A link to iRubric reports.
All of the tabs above direct you to iRubric pages. For more information on each page, visit the iRubric Help(opens new window).
- Grades: Access to gradebook items where rubrics can be added and grades calculated.
- Settings: Designate which iRubric areas can be accessed by participant roles.
iRubric tool main page (Student View)
The student view of the tool displays the Grades tab with the items added to the Gradebook tool.
Students can view their grades and any feedback provided by the instructor by clicking the iRubric icon (checkerboard) across from the item title. Grade information from iRubric can also be seen in the Gradebook tool.