What is Gradebook Classic?
The Gradebook Classic is a tool for instructors to calculate and store grade information and distribute it to students online.
Instructors can view information in Gradebook Classic in different ways, including an item detail, all grade listing, course grade listing.
Students can view their scores for all items, once an instructor releases them; and sort their items by title, due date, grade, and weight, where applicable.
Using Gradebook Classic, instructors can:
- Auto-calculate course grades, with the ability to override any course grade.
- Define course letter grades based on a 100% scale (Course Grade Thresholds).
- Choose between point- or percentage-based grading.
- Add Gradebook items for manually graded or offline activities.
- Create categories to organize items and allow for weighting of grades.
- Enter, view, edit, and release to students scores, grades, and comments.
- Collect and display scores from other tools such as Tests & Quizzes, Assignments, and Forums.
- Export scores and grades to Microsoft Excel (in XLS format).
- Import item scores from spreadsheet (CSV) files.
- Export a printer-friendly (PDF) version of student grades.
- Drop grades or keep the highest grades in a category.
- Specify items or categories as extra credit.
- Viewing scores: Gradebook Classic lets students view their own scores and grades once instructors have released them.
Note: For instructions on how to add this or any other tool to your site, see How do I add tools to my site?