What are collaboration sites?
Collaboration sites are designed to facilitate collaboration. You can invite anyone you wish to join your collaboration site.
Collaboration sites are typically worksites where a project director, team, or committee can make announcements, engage in online discussions, and share resources such as documents or links to other web sites. Collaboration sites have all of the same tools available as course sites.
Default participant roles for collaboration sites.
The default roles in project sites are:
- Owner: The Owner role has full permissions throughout the site, including the ability to publish the site and set its global access. The Owner role can read, revise, delete, and add both content and participants to a site. Although a site may contain multiple owners, it is strongly recommended to limit ownership of a site to a single participant to prevent the inadvertent deletion of the site.
- Administrator: The Administrator role has full permissions throughout the site, excluding the ability to delete the site. Administrators can read, revise, delete, and add both content and participants to a site.
- Member: The Member role can read content and add content to a site where appropriate.
- Observer: The Observer role has read-only access to the site and very few permissions to otherwise interact in the site.
How do collaboration sites differ from course sites?
- Collaboration sites are not associated with credit course sections or academic terms.
- The roles in collaboration sites are different from roles in course sites.
- Official course rosters can only be added to course sites.
What should I do if I accidentally create a collaboration site instead of a course site?
If you haven't yet added content to the collaboration site, return to the Worksite Setup tool in your Home site to select and delete the collaboration site, then follow the steps to create a course site instead.
If you have already uploaded content to the collaboration site, you'll want to
- Create a course site.
- In the course site, follow the steps to Import from Site and select the collaboration site's content for import into the course site.
- Delete the collaboration site.